Thursday, March 29, 2012

THE WILD SWANS - THE JANICE LONG SESSION


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/03-Bringing-Home-the-Ashes.mp3]
Worn Down and Hardly Breathing
by R.C. Avellanosa

I can't remember the soundtripper that gave me this record. He traded it for "The Coldest Winter For A Hundred Years" leak I had. So we exchanged. And as I started to play it I realized this is one very rare find. Janice Long is a broadcaster still currently working on BBC Radio 2. From Sunday to Thursday nights, Englishmen could listen to her show from midnight until 2 AM. This particular program,, which aired May 15th of 2010, featured the long awaited return of The Wild Swans. Here, Janice introduced the new lineup which consists of Paul Simpson, Steve Beswick, Rob Hack and Richard Turvey. They played acoustically live on the BBC Radio.


It's almost ten years since Incandescent. The Singles "English Electric Lightning" and "Liquid Mercury" released by Occultation came a year before this. And the full length The "Coldest Winter For A Hundred Years" would later be released come 2011. This contained only three tracks and the fourth track is the complete interview and the songs. On the interview, Paul mentioned Les Pattinson (Echo And The Bunnymen) as their new bassist. And as Paul introduces every song before its played, any Wild Swans fan couldn't deny the same familiar feeling of a lovely Wild Swans song.  Stellar and incomparable. And upon this music experience, the day has come for The Wild Swans to visit my country the Philippines.



DLink
Band Link


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...