Saturday, March 31, 2012

DINOSAUR JR. - TAKE A RUN AT THE SUN


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/01-Take-A-Run-At-The-Sun.mp3]
 Catching The Sun's Embrace
by R.C. Avellanosa



I don't want to compare any artist with Dinosaur Jr. but I can't help it. I hear The Beatles, B52s, and The Beach Boys on this. These tracks I think should have belonged to Hand It Over. On "Take A Run At The Sun", J Mascis is in the most happy mood. It's like a sunny song, worth playing on the beach, a refreshing drink under the heat of the sun. This track can also be found as a soundtrack for the film "Grace Of My Heart" which I never really saw. But the track was credited only to J Mascis and not as Dinosaur Jr. "Don't You Think It's Time" is the second track.  A soft rendering song. Is like the middle child of the record which is essentially is. "The Pickle Song" brings back that jolly mood mixed with Mascis' lazy chant. The shortest of the three, I am I little disappointed. It was just an eight minute drive. But I can go round and round and round though for which to replay and replay it over and over.



DLink
Band Link


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...