Wednesday, March 21, 2012

PERFUME GENIUS - PUT YOUR BACK IN 2 IT


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/05-Take-Me-Home.mp3|titles=05 - Take Me Home]

He Wants To Go Home
by R.C. Avellanosa


You know it's hard to comment about an artist or a band that resides far from where you are. It brings one a vague or wrong grasp of the artist or the music. One can't know what's happening on their perspective. All you have are reviews written on paper or on the web. On the other hand, it is still the music that counts. It is the music that blinds one's taste away from the maker. It could bring him to disregard the writer. Rather focusing on the production and the genius of it. It is at times good to just appreciate the music played. It doesn't matter where or who had it made. It is the spirit of having the music played for you and for everyone who heeds.


Indie Pop and melancholic piano would best describe the Perfume Genius. Perfume Genius is Mike Hadreas. A solo artist that hailed from New York, Mike Hadreas' music stems from different emotional experiences expressed methaporically. Deep, heartbreaking and passionate like a bird in grief inside a church. For those who love music with the likes of Stephin Merrit and The Magnetic Fields, or even Drugstore, REM, and Radiohead, you should take heed. It is a revelation.


give heed to: Take Me Home
lyrics:


take me home
tend to me
baby, lay me down easy
for I have grown weary on my own
all alone
I wither and I bruise
I run my mouth like a fool


About TAKE ME HOME by Mike Hadreas




"It’s about that old feeling where you are out of money and options and just combing the streets for anybody that will take you wherever and you will do and be whatever they want and completely annihilate yourself as long as they keep feeding you drugs and you never have to move. Also I was just trying to write about in relationships when you are willing to give up everything and erase yourself for the other person, because you are so scared of being alone."




DLink
Band Link


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...