Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DILLON FENCE - ROSEMARY


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/08-something-for-you.mp3|titles=08 - something for you]
Unbordered Fence 
by R.C. Avellanosa


I know I can recall that a friend had me listen to this record. I even thought then that Dillon Fence was another Various Artists compilation. I must have disregarded the album cover or something. I didn't pay attention to it so much.  I was not able to know the songs from heart. I'm not even sure if this was the same  Dillon Fence record. I just listened as it was played over the stereo cassette player.  The band though struck me as familiar. They sounded just the same as the new Modern Rock of the 90s. Like Too Much Joy and The Replacements to the Railway Children and Ocean Blue.  But they sounded more calm and cooler.


Just when I thought I was able to recall all my favorite records from the late 80s and early 90s, Dillon Fence came to alarm me back again. Dillon Fence was one of those records I loved but easily forgotten thus making it a rarity treat for me. It's one of those records that you keep in your back pocket to bring along everywhere. I can even safely say that I think I'm the only one from this city who's listening to Dillon Fence. At the moment you are too, at least if you disagree.



DLink
Band Link


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...