Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PULP - HIS 'N' HERS

[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/05-Babies.mp3]
From The Garage
by R.C. Avellanosa


One of those records in college that I always listen to but never really owned. Some friends tend to have them earlier than me. And as I even go to the nearest record store regularly in between classes, this record (on cassette those days) remained on sale in front of me. But the band attracted the regular airplay of our favorite (now dead) local rock radio station. So I accepted the fact that I'd never have that (His N Hers) record. Just the same, I just listened to Pulp on the radio and also on their (DWNU 107) NOT RADIO program until I settled on by copying a friends copy and onwards. Their sound is just distinct for me. I could identify a Pulp song meters away. Not all the particular titles though, but I would know if its' a Pulp song or not. Of all the hundred alternative bands played everyday, I know Pulp by ear. It is that familiar for me.


His 'N Hers is commonly described as the band's breakthrough album. Their fourth after the almost obscure Separations. One of those bands that is classified as Brit-Pop, alongside Elastica, Shed Seven, Cast, Rialto, Catatonia, and Suede among others. And although "Do You Remember The First Time?" was my very first favorite of Pulp song, I just want to introduce and highlight "Babies" as an equally charming one. It's a song that tells a very short story. Of hiding inside closets and infatuation, Pulp has that virtual feeling to its songs.  One can't only hear their songs, one can also see it as it is played from where ever.  Now, you should look for the Deluxe Edition of this release.



DLink
Band Link


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...