Wednesday, March 28, 2012

10CC - THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/02-Im-Not-In-Love.mp3|titles=02 - I'm Not In Love]
In Love Not
by R.C. Avellanosa


10cc's founding members were childhood friends from Manchester. Their musical passion led them to join a local band "Jewish Lads' Brigade". They were also known earlier as The Whirlwinds then to "The Mockingbirds". And members from "The Mindbenders" recording demos at the Stockport studio later renamed Strawberry Studios after The Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever". Three of the members released recording singles under the name "Hotlegs". They later reformed as "Doctor Father". Under unusual and different names, the changing landscape led to the original line-up of course finally the 10cc. And as they signed with Mercury Records, the one song "I'm Not In Love"  became the catalyst for the deal.


I heard it first when I was at Vice City of all places. It was really not that surprising. The kind of songs to play on the beach watching the restless waves and the sun. The first song was like a symphony and it took longer than expected. "I'm Not In Love" was a splendid denial love song.  I'd say it's a mellow kind of Art Rock. It is 70's Pop at the very least. The sound which would gives some hints to the kind of music that's evolving and would later become known arguably as New Wave.



DLink
Band Link

No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...