Thursday, March 15, 2012

THE DRUMS - PORTAMENTO


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/04-Money.mp3|titles=04 Money]
Broke Like Me
by R.C. Avellanosa


I read somewhere that this band sounds like The Smiths. The truth is I just heard them two years ago so I have no way of describing their music wholly. I just find them sounding raw but complete. They're from UK but moved to Brooklyn, New York. So expect that accent. It is Indie Pop at the very core. Imagine Post Punk Pop in a Post Punk Pop world. A Post Punk Revival.


And so if you are still longing for that nostalgic sound, The Drums is what it is. Guitars, keys and drums sounded as they are. Portamento felt like a breeze of cool air on a very hot day. And as you play along, that cool breeze just keeps blowing hard.


give heed to: Money
"I want to buy you something but I don't have any money. No I don't have any money"
DLink
Band Link

No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...