Thursday, March 15, 2012

THE OCEAN BLUE - BENEATH THE RHYTHM AND SOUND


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/02-Sublime.mp3|titles=02 - Sublime]
My Swim Into The Blue
by R.C. Avellanosa


I first heard the Ocean Blue in 1989. I categorized their music then as New Wave. Drifting, Falling and Between Something & Nothing, never fail to awe these ears. Their self-titled debut was a treasure. A friend from high school once lent me that album. After that, I never heard from The Ocean Blue again.


It was around 1993 (cerulean none) when another friend from college told me he is into this band called The Ocean Blue. I asked and told him, "yes, love that band... drifting, falling and bet. something and nothin'..you heard that?" But then he was puzzled. Right then I knew, he hasn't heard the earlier songs. But it didn't matter when he showed me the '93 album, Beneath the Rhythm & Sound, and I was glad that day we played the tracks on cassette. Behold this new ('93) treasure from The Ocean Blue. The album is genuine class & ethereal magic.


And this time, I begin to revive the music of The Ocean Blue. I think one would appreciate this album more at present than before. Maybe so, maybe not. And so begins my swim deep beneath the ocean blue.


Highlight: Sublime
"It was so so so ba ba ba lime m."
"When I stopped and thought, faced the either/or"
DLink
Band Link


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...