Friday, March 23, 2012

ROBERT POLLARD - MOUSEMAN CLOUD


[audio:http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/12-Science-Magazine.mp3|titles=12 Science Magazine]
Still The Scientist
by R.C. Avellanosa


Mouseman Cloud is Robert Pollard's new album following Guided By Voices' Let's Go Eat The Factory. "Obvious #1", the opening track basically gives you the mood of the whole record. Spontaneous and straightforward, Mouseman Cloud could easily be the record to squeal about. "Picnic Drum' is like a siren call for for a gathering of ice cream eating communities. Catchy and full of wit, "Human Zoo" didn't even have to reach the fiftieth second break to call it a new wave track. Rightfully followed by the drums fed and groovy "Bats Flew Up", will make the clouds smile with amusement. "Mother's Milk and Magnets" reflects the kind of song that twists Robert Pollard is known for. The record got me on the fourth track and stood in line to see "Dr. Time". It's lovely.  It's a one chorus song that lasted only for a minute gloriously. "Lizard Ladder" sounds like a mad chant of marching soldiers off for battle. "Science Magazine" is my favorite. It stood out. "Aspirin Moon" is groovy, the kind of song to play inside a car and motoring away. I would call "Half-Strained" to be half as eerie as it is, playful and freaky. Careers, technical subjects, charming and fumbling words seem to dwell on Robert Pollard's repertoire. His progressing curve seems to spin and go for miles and miles. And so that does it, had to listen to this furthermore,  over and over.


Song Feature: SCIENCE MAGAZINE

Words:
I work for science magazine
astronaut, engineer
and photographer
the mirror shoots
for the distant beginning
is the piece
I shall be working
It is for peace
I shall be working
I chair
the regrettable act
sub committee
when I said
I will kill you
in so many words
I was impossible
I'm pampering
the visible shakes
and I owe you
of peace I shall be writing
it is on peace I am deciding

 

Comments on MOUSEMAN CLOUD




"He takes pains. He edits. He cares deeply about each and every part of each and every song he records. That he seems to do so frequently and effortlessly is not his fault. It’s a unique and unparalleled talent. Mouseman Cloud is the work of a consummate craftsman as well as a crazy genius, and proof that these two traits are not incompatible."

















 
DLink
Band Link


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...