Sunday, August 2, 2015

THE CURE - BLOODFLOWERS


Ordinary Magic
by RC Avellanosa

The truth is, I never did try to listen that well with this release.  I don't know why.   All I know is that one of my friends love this album so much that he had it printed on his shirt.  Printed it himself.   I think I tried asking him if he could print one for me, but never did cared that much.  ,because it was cool enough that I had one of my friends donning a  Bloodflowers shirt.  

That's the way it was before.  And I got to hand it to him, it was the only Bloodflowers shirt I saw, perhaps in this lifetime.  Of course I did listen to a few songs before and it just sounded a little darker than the usual Cure songs.  It was like gothwave, a little more like Disintegration 2.0.  And it sounds lazy to me.  Makes one want to fall asleep somewhere.  Maybe one just needed to play the album at the right place, at the right time, the right mood, and the right audience, which is good when you're alone, isolated somewhere with your own thoughts to explore.  And live to tell your friends about it, how it felt good to have played it completely without any distraction successfully. 

And no am not trying to discourage you from listening to Bloodflowers.  Do play this one on days you feel lighthearted and feeling a need to go out and drink somewhere, just that feeling of working, driving or travelling accompanied with an inconspicuous Cure album playing in the background, it's magic. Maybe Someday, Just Say Yes, Spilt Milk.


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...