Monday, June 25, 2012

ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN – ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN (US RELEASE)


[audio: http://thesoundtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/12-Jimmy-Brown-Early-Version-of-Bring-On-The-Dancing-Horses.mp3]
Breaking My Brittle Heart
by R.C. Avellanosa

 

I was not prepared for this, but it was released much earlier. This is the US release of the self-titled Echo and The Bunnymen album. It had their two most endearing tracks. Both were apparently the earlier versions. “Jimmy Brown” for “Bring On The Dancing Horses” and “Hole In The Holy” for “Over You”. Of course they almost sounded the same, close. The same feeling you get when listening to The Wild Swans’ “Crowning Glory” for “Whirlpool Heart”. Take heed.


The more familiar release only had eleven tracks. This had seven more. That has made all the difference. Somehow, upon listening, the songs sounded alien to me. Maybe that was the point. And I think I got it.


?

No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...