Friday, June 10, 2011

YANO - YANO


Payak na payak, nakayapak kung yumakap
by RC /\vellanosa

I am willing to find a copy, a tangible copy for me to review, a physical copy of this album.  But sadly, I have to say I didn't have one.  I may not have to.  I don't need to anyhow.  They were too popular before, too famous, could be too loud.  I must have a recorded copy somewhere before of course.  I have even played with Mr. Gancio before.  And I can still remember how we shared a drink or two with some friends.  How we found ourselves drunk and dazed, some invitations you wished you haven't gone to somehow.  

But they were like described here as The Clash of the Philippines.  Make no mistake, they are punk rock at its finest.  Their music revolves around complaints, protests and melancholy the Filipino way.  No wonder they captured the hearts of millions of my countrymen.  A concept album that reflects the struggling life of the nineties generation & outfit fitting for the times.

No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...