Monday, May 18, 2015

MY BLOODY VALENTINE - COMPILATION THE BEST OF


Hues and Blood Cells
by Ryan Avellanosa Cervantes y

During the nineties, I was not really adept with MBV.  This is unnerving for me.  After The Dawn's heydays on the eighties came bands that sprouted off from some place and became popular.  We had bands like The Youth, Sugar Hiccup, and Eraserheads whom I admired and looked up to.  Then we had Rivermaya and The Teeth.  

The second millennium came and here we go again.  My Bloody Valentine has this awesome prowess of offering music that's obviously obscure to this country's native ears.  Or if the need and the urge comes, like some static noise one needs to have going on the airwaves just to block the sound nature produces everyday... or buffer ... screen out or something.  You know, like firecrackers that we somehow still practice to scare off demons away or something.  Here's to hanging on to that feeling of modernism in music.  And the love for ear-candies.


No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...