Wednesday, November 27, 2013

TIME TO GO - THE SOUTHERN PSYCHEDELIC MOMENT: 1981-1986


Flew and Flying
Ryan Avellanosa



This is a pretty good find. But I'm afraid I can't describe this release in full detail. Because I believe this record needs more than just a passive listening to. For lack of a better word. And I also believe that this record deserves more credit. This record was released just recently 2012 by The Flying Nuns. which I guess speaks for itself. The Flying Nuns Records was established by a record store owner who had the vision of producing music from his New Zealand descent. That move grew to what has become New Zealand rock I suppose.  You'll have to listen for yourself to know how they sounded like.  

This record has twenty tracks from twenty bands.   The 19th track, The Doublehappys' Some Fantasy stood out for me at first play. I sure hope someone would try to take heed for no one I'm afraid has anyway. I dare someone tell me which band wrote the tracks Some Fantasy.  You can find The Verlaines + Shayne Carter's version on Youtube.  Still can't tell which is better. And I yet have to listen to it more and more.

No comments:

METALLICA - 72 SEASONS

I didn't want you to notice that it has been years since I wrote for this blog.  It's been three years since.  I can't believe h...